Monday, February 11, 2013

White on white, Beccy this was hard!

I tried to post this card yesterday, but the camera battery ran out of juice and I couldn't transfer my pictures until it charged.  Then the Grammy's were on .....
So in between doing wash and baking I'm going to get my posts posted.

Beccy's Place has an interesting challenge this week.  It's called White On White.  Everything has to be white with the exception of a single sentiment, which can be any color you choose.  This took some thought, and trial and error, but I kind of like the finished result.  

If you haven't been to Beccy's Place before, this is a great time to go.  She is having a big birthday bash.  There are various card classes posts with lots of great ideas.  She's on Card Class #10, so be sure to scroll back through to catch them all.  And she even threw in a new digi image for you to try.  Leave a comment, or as many comments as you want,  and you could win one of Beccy's great digis. 
I chose a lovely sweet pea branch when I was the Comment Winner.  Thanks so much Beccy!

Now, back to my white on white card:


Wish the photo was better so you could see all the paper piercing, embossing and baby pearls.
This one shows some of the details but I had to back off the brightness to get them to show up.  And now you can't really see the embossing.


I am entering it in Beccy's Challenge - Birthday Bash Challenge # 2
and also the Deconstructed Sketch Challenge # 88
Deconstructed Sketch No. 88



Well, cake just came out, cookies ready to go in, last load in the dryer.  What a great day!
Oh, yeah - and I won a $15 gift certificate to Oozak.com at The Outlawz!!!!






5 comments:

  1. Oh my, Debi! SIX cards - and I can see that you have put a great deal of thought into each one - they are beautiful - so many wonderful textures, colors, and a variety of styles and themes. All made in such a short time! Just beautiful. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I chuckled my way through your post Debi... I know I shouldn't laugh at the difficulties you had but having experienced the trial and error part of card making just lately it was more an expression of sympathy than mirth, I promise... except for the title of your post, that's just funny!
    Your card is just beautiful and was definitely worth the hard work Debi, I think you did a great job. I love the way you layered all those shapes, the straight lines and curves work great together. You added lots of wonderful texture with all the embossing and then added even more with the piercing! A great card!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love white on white. Something im not good at. You can find the directions to my slider card on thr sparkle n sprinkle technique page at sparkle n srpinkle .com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the way you used the reversed embossing. Something different for a change! Great project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wowee this is gorgeous! I love the white on white... you did a stunning job with that! I'm so glad you were able to join us for the sketch!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.