Monday, June 12, 2017

Monday Make

Today was a hectic one.  Bank, Drug Store, Grocery Store, Gas, Hospital, Post Office.....  I needed a little crafting to take my mind off everything else.  Normally, I would turn to the Mojo Monday sketch.  With that weekly challenge closing I was a bit adrift.  Then I opened my email and saw a fabulous tutorial from Beccy's Place.  Thank you, Beccy!
Here is the card I made following Beccy's Altered Double Display Card tutorial




I added a belly band to hold the card together for mailing.  The papers are a magazine freebie.  The digi images and sentiment are from the Bullion Roses Set from Beccy's Place.  The lower part of the sentiment (and wishing you a speedy recovery) was computer generated and added below the digital sentiment before printing on the pink paper.  Flowers and leaves were colored with watercolor pencils and blended with clear Wink of Stella.  For the belly band I used a scalloped circle punch, a border punch, a stitched circle die, some lace, ribbon and a charm.

Challenges:
Beccy's Place June Challenge - Anything Goes with an image from Beccy's Place
Addicted to Stamps Challenge #150 - Flowers
Pile It On Challenge #131 - Fancy Folds
The Ribbon Girls June Challenge - Anything Goes
Incy Wincy Designs Challenge - Anything Goes
Crafting From the Heart Challenge #163 - Anything Goes
Scor-Pal  More Than One Scor Challenge #38 - Ribbon, Lace, Trim

Oh my!  Look how late it has gotten!  
Almost time to call it a day!
Good night.

5 comments:

  1. Your card is gorgeous Debi, you did an awesome job. I love the pretty papers and colours you chose for your design. The belly band was a great addition for holding everything closed and I like the way you decorated it with the image and little charm. Great job!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous card! A lovely design, A great effect with the shape! Thanks for joining our challenge at Addicted to Stamps. Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a super sweet project you have for us today, so well thought out and put together a fabulous Creation Beautiful in every way, we are so lucky you have entered our RIBBON GIRL challenge blog
    so beautiful to look at good luck hugs Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a beautiful card! Thanks for joining us in our June challenge at Scor-Pal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is amazing...I wouldn't even call it card!! Lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.